BENJAMIN WILLIAM ADAMS

BENJAMIN WILLIAM ADAMS
Born 12 May 2010, Honolulu Hawaii

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Mommy Plays Hockey

Many people have asked what sport Jr. will play when he gets older, jokingly, ice hockey or football. When you have a Mother who's an All-American Ice Hockey Goalie and a Father who's a Naval Academy Football Defensive Lineman, this can be a hard spot to find yourself in as a young tike. The best part about being 23 weeks away from day one of this boy's life is that he can be anything he wants to be. The thought of that is exciting. Baseball, Football, Ice Hockey, Drama, Art, Lawyering, selling tiddlywinks; whatever it is, it'll be fun watching him explore and grow. As I think back on my own upbringing, I can't help but be thankful for being afforded this same opportunity to grow and explore my own World by my very own accepting and understanding parents. And look at Erika - I wonder what her parents would have said 40 years ago if you told them one of their daughters was going to grow up and play professional ice hockey in Canada... yeah right! You can be whatever you like kid, as long as it's not a New York Yankee (Sorry Grammie and Catfish)!

2 comments:

  1. what are the chances that he'll be an avatar? Bc thats the kinda kid I can get on board with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Junior will be so proud of his mama! And his Dad, too, of course.

    ReplyDelete